Are you tired of the same old meals? Look no further than sun-dried tomato cream sauce!
This versatile sauce can be used in a variety of dishes to add a burst of flavor. It’s an easy meal for busy weeknights. It’s also fancy enough for a special occasion.
Here are five easy ways to incorporate sun-dried tomato cream sauce into your cooking.
Today I’m using Salmon with the Recipe!
On my blog Living Large in A Small House, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. You can find my full Disclosure Policy HERE
What is Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce?
I love using sun-dried tomato cream sauce in my cooking! It’s a versatile sauce that can add a ton of flavor to many dishes. But what exactly is sun-dried tomato cream sauce?
Well, as the name suggests, it’s a sauce made with sun-dried tomatoes and cream. The tomatoes are first dried in the sun to remove most of their moisture, which concentrates their flavor. Then they’re packed in oil and blended with cream to create a smooth and creamy sauce.
Sun-dried tomato cream sauce is typically made with heavy cream and parmesan cheese and then seasoned with garlic and spices to enhance its flavor. It has a rich and slightly tangy taste that pairs well with many different types of food.
You can use sun-dried tomato cream sauce in a variety of ways.
This creamy tomato sauce just elevates your meal to another level and while it makes your meal fancy, it’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Overall, sun-dried tomato cream sauce is a delicious and easy way to add flavor to your cooking. Give it a try and see how it can enhance your favorite dishes!
What can you pair with sun-dried tomato cream sauce?
- Pork Chops
There are even more suggestions further on in the post.
Basics of Cooking with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
When it comes to cooking with sun-dried tomato cream sauce, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that your dish turns out delicious. Here are some basics to consider:
- Cast Iron Pan: Using a cast-iron skillet is the best option for this sauce but any type of large skillet will do.
- Don’t overcook the sauce: Sun-dried tomato cream sauce can thicken quickly, so it’s important to keep an eye on it while cooking. Overcooking the sauce can cause it to become too thick and lose its creamy texture.
- Experiment with different ingredients: Sun-dried tomato cream sauce is versatile and can be enhanced with additional ingredients. You can try fresh basil and Italian seasoning for Italian fare. Red pepper flakes and cream cheese will give you a thicker, spicier sauce. For a vegan option use coconut milk instead of heavy cream. My recipe uses very simple ingredients
- Store leftovers properly: If you have leftover sun-dried tomato cream sauce, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. When reheating, add a splash of milk or cream to help restore the sauce’s creamy texture.
By keeping these basics in mind, you can create a variety of delicious dishes using sun-dried tomato cream sauce.
Salmon with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 pieces Salmon Filets
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- In your cast iron skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the salmon, skin side up and sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side until both sides are nicely browned.
- Remove the salmon and keep warm (tent with foil)
Sun-Dried Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Turn the heat of the same cast iron skillet to low and add the garlic and the sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté until just aromatic (about 30 sec to 1 min), stirring continually. Add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Let that simmer for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half. Stirring often.
- Add the heavy cream and the cheese and stir until the cheese has melted and everything has combined. Then add the spinach and stir it into the sauce. Follow the spinach with the salmon back into the skillet and let the sauce simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with parsley or basil and more parmesan cheese (optional)
- Serve immediately
5 Different & Easy Ways to Use Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
I love using sun-dried tomato cream sauce with salmon. This one-pot recipe is a simple yet delicious combination that never fails to impress. Here’s how I do it:
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Sear the salmon in your skillet. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Make the sauce in the same pan
- Add the salmon back to the sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes until the fish is heated through.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
Sun-dried tomato cream sauce is also great with chicken. It adds a burst of flavor to an otherwise ordinary dish. You can use skinless chicken breasts, chicken cutlets, or chicken thighs for this recipe. Here’s how I use it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chicken in your skillet and let cook until nicely browned on both sides and almost cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Make the sauce in the same pan
- Add the chicken back to the sauce and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees
- Serve with roasted vegetables or a side salad.
Pork chops are another protein that pairs well with sun-dried tomato cream sauce. Here’s how I prepared it:
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Sear the pork chops in your skillet until they’re cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm
- Make the sauce in the same pan
- Add the pork chops back to the sauce and let it simmer until the pork has an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes.
Of course, sun-dried tomato cream sauce is perfect for delicious pasta recipes. My favorite kinds of pasta to use are penne pasta, pappardelle, or farfalle. In my opinion, this creamy pasta sauce calls for a short but substantial pasta to hold the creamy sauce well. Here’s how I make it:
- Cook your favorite pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a separate pan, heat up the sun-dried tomato cream sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the sauce.
- Toss the pasta until it’s coated in the sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
Tofu is the perfect option for a meatless meal. Remove as much liquid as possible from the tofu, then cut into cubes. Dredge tofu in cornstarch until well coated.
- Season the tofu with salt and pepper.
- Sear the tofu in your skillet until tofu is browned on the sides and warmed through. Remove to a plate and keep warm
- Make the sauce in the same pan
- Add the tofu back to the sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes until the tofu is warmed through.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and/or a salad
- This flavorful sauce over pasta is an easy recipe. By adding any of the proteins to this recipe you can create a delicious meal that is a great family-friendly dinner. In addition to the proteins I’ve already shared, you could also add andouille sausage, Italian sausage, or even ground beef to this sauce. Browned ground beef or Italian sausage and tomato sauce would make a great topping for homemade pizzas.
That’s it! These are my favorite ways to use this creamy sauce in my cooking. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Tips for Storing and Using Leftover Sauce
When it comes to storing leftover sun-dried tomato cream sauce, I recommend keeping it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help preserve its freshness and flavor for up to five days.
If you’re not planning on using the sauce within that time frame, you can also freeze it for later. Simply transfer the sauce to a freezer-safe container or bag and store it in the freezer for up to three months.
When it comes to using leftover sauce, there are plenty of ways to get creative. Here are a few ideas:
- Use it as a dip for vegetables or crackers.
- Spread it on a sandwich or wrap for added flavor.
- Use it as a pizza sauce instead of traditional tomato sauce.
- Add it to scrambled eggs or an omelet for a savory breakfast.
- Use it as a marinade for chicken, fish, or vegetables.
No matter how you choose to use your leftover sun-dried tomato cream sauce, be sure to give it a taste before adding it to your dish. If it’s been sitting in the fridge for a few days, it may have lost some of its flavor. If that’s the case, you can always add a pinch of salt or a squeeze of lemon juice to liven it up again.
Overall, leftover sauce can be a great way to add flavor and variety to your meals without having to start from scratch. So don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different ways to use it!
I hope you found these 5 easy ways to use sun-dried tomato cream sauce helpful and inspiring. As someone who loves to experiment in the kitchen, I find that having a versatile sauce like this on hand can really come in handy when I’m looking to add a burst of flavor to a dish.
Whether you’re using it as a pasta sauce, a pizza topping, or a dip for your favorite veggies, there are so many ways to incorporate sun-dried tomato cream sauce into your cooking. And the best part is, it’s so easy to make!
So next time you’re looking to switch up your go-to recipes, give sun-dried tomato cream sauce a try. Who knows, it might just get added as a regular rotation in your meal planning. It’s definitely a family favorite at our house.
Peace and Love,
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some vegetarian recipes that use sun-dried tomatoes?
I love using sun-dried tomato cream sauce in vegetarian dishes! One of my favorites is adding it to pasta with sautéed spinach and mushrooms. You can also use it as a topping for roasted vegetables or as a dip for bread. Or try it with roasted tofu.
Can you use sun-dried tomato oil as a cooking oil?
While you technically can use sun-dried tomato oil as a cooking oil, I don’t recommend it. The oil has a strong flavor that can overpower other ingredients. Instead, I suggest using it as a finishing oil for salads or drizzling over roasted vegetables.
What are some healthy recipes that include sun-dried tomatoes?
Sun-dried tomatoes are a great addition to many healthy dishes! One idea is to add them to quinoa or brown rice bowls with roasted vegetables and a protein of your choice. You can also use them as a topping for avocado toast or in a wrap with hummus and fresh vegetables.
Browse More Recipes
Thanks for Following Along
If you enjoyed this post I hope you sign-up to be a friend of Living Large in A Small House! Then you won’t miss any of the inspiration that is shared with you each week! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. I share even more inspiration on Pinterest! You can listen to me chat on my Podcast
A great way to save this recipe is to save it to your Pinterest boards. You can find the pin button in the top left corner of the photo below. Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest
Living Large Podcast
The Podcast will be back on Wednesdays, starting July 5th. I have some interesting guests lined up that I can’t wait to share with you. While your waiting, here is an oldie but a goodie! It’s one of my most popular podcasts. “Maximizing Space in A Small House” recorded on September 6, 2021
Are you ready to start organizing?
30-Day Cleaning & Organizing
- 30 Page Guide
- Tips & Tricks for Successful Organizing
- Reproducible Charts, Calendars & Planners, and Worksheets