I’m going to be a guest participant in the One Room Challenge Fall 2022 Edition. I had not heard about this until this past spring when many of my blogging friends who enjoy home decor entered.
I was in the middle of renovating my laundry room this spring and considered entering but I literally would have had one day to get my act together.
As luck would have it that project did not get completed in the 8-week timeframe so I’m glad I waited.
Now I’m ready and I love that I’ll be working along with many talented folks to complete the one-room challenge fall 2022 edition in 8 weeks.
I work always work best under pressure!
On my blog Living Large in A Small House, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. You can find my full Disclosure Policy HERE
A French Country Office/Den/Guest Room
My space is my dirty little secret in my house
My office/den/guest bedroom. It currently is a catch-all for everything that I don’t know what to do with however that has to change.
I’ve had a plan in mind for a while and I’ve been pinning a few spaces for inspiration.
It became pretty clear that I was going for a French Country Vibe in this space.
- I have a green sofa bed that isn’t old and we paid a fortune for it (it has a memory foam mattress). It was also a feat of magic to get it into the room. So it’s staying
- The room is in the North/West corner of our home so it’s a dark space
- I have walls with windows that are not centered on the wall
- There is a built-in desk and shelving unit in the space
- Beams on the Ceiling
- Built-In Bookcase
- Large Closet
The To-Do List
- Tear out the built-in desk and pray that the hardwood floors are finished underneath and hopefully, the walls aren’t too damaged.
- Repair the molding on the bookshelves that will be staying
- Tear out the closet organization system that is in the closet
- Remove the closet doors
- Repair Walls
- Wallpaper walls including the inside of the closets
- Cap the beams and paint them white
- Paint all the trim
- Paint the bookshelves white
- Replace the shades and curtains
- Put up new shelves in the closet
- Finally, hang a light fixture in one corner
- Week 1 – Planning, Ordering Materials, Start of Dem
- Week 2 – Demo Complete, Patching Beginning of Painting
- Week 3 – Wallpaper & Painting Continues
- Week 4 – DIY Curtains
- Week 5 – Put Shelves in Closet
- Week 6 – Hang Light Fixtures, Art Wall
- Week 7 – Style Shelves and Room
- Week 8 – Reveal
The Count Down Begins
I’m so excited to be participating in the One Room Challenge Fall 2022 Edition.
Every Wednesday I will be sharing our progress with you!
As always, thanks for coming along for the ride at Living Large in A Small House!
A great way to remember this is to save it to your Pinterest boards. You can find the pin button in the top left corner of the photo below. Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest