One Room Challenge Fall 2022
I’m going to be a guest participant in the One Room Challenge Fall 2022 Edition. I had not heard about this until this past spring when many of my blogging friends who enjoy home decor entered.
I was in the middle of renovating my laundry room this spring and considered entering but I literally would have had one day to get my act together.
As luck would have it that project did not get completed in the 8-week timeframe so I’m glad I waited.
Now I’m ready and I love that I’ll be working along with many talented folks to complete the one-room challenge fall 2022 edition in 8 weeks.
I work always work best under pressure!
On my blog Living Large in A Small House, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. You can find my full Disclosure Policy HERE
A French Country Office/Den/Guest Room
My space is my dirty little secret in my house
My office/den/guest bedroom. It currently is a catch-all for everything that I don’t know what to do with however that has to change.
I’ve had a plan in mind for a while and I’ve been pinning a few spaces for inspiration.
It became pretty clear that I was going for a French Country Vibe in this space.
- I have a green sofa bed that isn’t old and we paid a fortune for it (it has a memory foam mattress). It was also a feat of magic to get it into the room. So it’s staying
- The room is in the North/West corner of our home so it’s a dark space
- I have walls with windows that are not centered on the wall
- There is a built-in desk and shelving unit in the space
- Beams on the Ceiling
- Built-In Bookcase
- Large Closet
Sources: Wallpaper, Pillow, Chair, Throw, Book Shelve Inspiration, Light Fixture, Desk, Rug
The To-Do List
- Tear out the built-in desk and pray that the hardwood floors are finished underneath and hopefully, the walls aren’t too damaged.
- Repair the molding on the bookshelves that will be staying
- Tear out the closet organization system that is in the closet
- Remove the closet doors
- Repair Walls
- Wallpaper walls including the inside of the closets
- Cap the beams and paint them white
- Paint all the trim
- Paint the bookshelves white
- Replace the shades and curtains
- Put up new shelves in the closet
- Finally, hang a light fixture in one corner
- Week 1 – Planning, Ordering Materials, Start of Dem
- Week 2 – Demo Complete, Patching Beginning of Painting
- Week 3 – Wallpaper & Painting Continues
- Week 4 – DIY Curtains
- Week 5 – Put Shelves in Closet
- Week 6 – Hang Light Fixtures, Art Wall
- Week 7 – Style Shelves and Room
- Week 8 – Reveal
The Count Down Begins
I’m so excited to be participating in the One Room Challenge Fall 2022 Edition.
Every Wednesday I will be sharing our progress with you!
As always, thanks for coming along for the ride at Living Large in A Small House!
A great way to remember this is to save it to your Pinterest boards. You can find the pin button in the top left corner of the photo below. Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest
direct access to my amazon store
Did you know that you support my little business by purchasing through my links?? The price to you is the same but I receive a small commission on ALL the purchases you make when you shop through one of my links. I appreciate you helping Living Large in A Small House to grow!
How fun! I look forward to seeing this project in progress!
I’m anxious to get started but Emmas roommate Spencer and her Mom are coming over on Saturday so we can’t start until Sunday 🙂
I love your inspiration pics. So beautiful. I can’t wait to see your room when you are finished. I’m sure that it will be gorgeous.
Thank you, sweet friend! It’s really coming along.
Lynn, oh my goodness I think it’s going to be amazing but what a tremendous amount of work! If anyone can do it I know you and Handy can, you two make an amazing team! I love your inspiration boards, that’s one of my favorite looks and I can’t wait to follow along on your journey!
Hi Dee –
It’s moving along! I had to change a few plans because of issues with getting things in the 8-week time frame and also dealing with very imperfect walls. I’m still struggling with bringing more light into this space. I’m hoping once the bookshelves are painted white that will help. I’m going to have to get very creative with artificial light. Thanks for following along sweet friend.
This will be so fun Lynn, I will be here cheering you on. Love your inspiration board.
It’s coming along! “Handy” is doing most the work and I really wanted him to let me take over this project. My guess is he doesn’t trust me to do it as well as he does 🙂
That is going to look fabulous.
Hi Pamela –
Thanks for the encouragement. It’s coming along! 8 weeks goes by fast –