Do you want to know why you should marry a handy man?
When I met “Handy” I had no idea just how talented he was. I didn’t marry him because he could fix things or build things. He is an honest, caring man who loves me and that is why I married him.
I actually came to the marriage with my own miter saw and tool belt. I quickly “forgot” how to use all of my tools once I discovered just how handy “Handy” was.
If you’ve been following along, you know that when I moved into his bachelor pad, I didn’t think we would be here long. It was small for us with just Kenny. When I got pregnant, this little house was out of the question.
I guess that was one conversation we forgot to have before we got married. Handy wasn’t going anywhere.
Well…we never moved and I just recently celebrated my 28th anniversary of living in this small house. A small house has its challenges but It’s also has it’s perks.
A List of Just Some of his Handiwork
- We’ve figured out how to raise three kids in this small space
- We now have an energy efficient space which is perfect for Handy and me (and Emma)
- Hardwood floors throughout
- A woodburning fireplace both inside and outside
- New interior doors on every room and closet
- 2 doors that were not only replaced but were also moved three feet.
- Patio door replaced with a french door
- He elimated 4 windows from our house
- The windows that remain have all been replaced
- A new kitchen
- Build a Pantry under our stairs
- 2 new bathrooms (One twice)
- Remodeled Laundry room x 2
- There are built-ins in every room
- Our backyard has
- A Chicken Coop
- An Outdoor Kitchen
- An Outdoor Living Room
- A Greenhouse
- Brick patio surrounding our house
- A Boat House
- More pieces of furniture than I can count
“Handy” did it all. He’s not just your average Handy guy. He could have been a master craftsman. Because he is able to do so many things around our house, we have things that we never could have been able to afford if we had to hire it out.
The only thing that he hates to do is mud drywall and paint. So in those cases “we gotta guy”.
And because we staying in this tiny house and “Handy” is able to make everything I can imagine become a reality “Living Large in A Small House” Blog was born, by ME!
While you might not find someone as handy as my husband, you still should marry a man who is handy. There is something to be said for not having to wait for things to get done around the house.
Great Ideas for Men
Think Birthdays, Father’s Day, Anniversary’s