For us, summer typically means more entertaining and almost always calls for appetizers. Here are 5 of the best summer appetizers that I serve my guests.
On my blog Living Large in A Small House, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. You can find my full Disclosure Policy HERE
Summer Appetizer Ideas
- Charcuterie Board
- This is by far our favorite thing to throw together if friends or family stop by. To see what I use for a great board. Hop over HERE
- Fresh Fruit Skewers
- Nothing is more refreshing on a hot summer day than some fresh chunk fruit on a skewer. I love juicy Watermelon, Pineapple, Peaches, and Grapes
- Shrimp Cocktail
- This classic appetizer is a crowd-pleaser. Cooked and peeled shrimp piled high in a bowl of ice with cold cocktail sauce. YUMMY!
- Deviled Eggs
- Another classic that is one of my favorites. Since we have chickens, we always have an abundance of eggs. What a great way to show off what our pretty ladies provide for us.
- Fresh Herb Dip with Veggies
- There is nothing better than a lightened-up herb dip filled with onions and fresh herbs from our garden. A generous supply of garden-fresh carrots sticks, snap peas and broccoli florets round out the dish.
Our daughter recently got married in our backyard and we served a combination of all of the above to our guests. We basically had a large charcuterie table that included all of the above. Because we had a small intimate event, the table was filled and available from the time the guests arrived until dinner was served.
This gave everyone the opportunity to graze at their leisure.
Herb Dip with Veggies
- 1/2 cup Hellman's Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tblsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tblsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tblsp fresh chives chopped
- 1 tblsp sweet onion, chopped very finely
- 1 tsp beau monde
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce More or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- combine all ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Cover and chill 4 – 24 hours
You can’t go wrong serving any one of these 5 of the best summer appetizers.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful 4th of July Weekend!
You might also like my salsa recipe. You can find it HERE