Unique Yummy Taco Recipe
I was introduced to the most unique yummy taco recipe when I was in my teens. I was at a friend’s house and they made tacos in a way that I had never had before and I fell in love.
Having never really enjoyed taco seasoning, this was right up my alley.
The base for the taco is simple: browned ground beef. Yes, that’s it, just browned ground beef. Nothing on it. Plain!
I thought it was crazy when first introduced to it but many, many years later it’s still the way that I eat my tacos.
It’s topped with a tablespoon or so of hot tomato sauce, chopped-up green onions, green olive, and avocado.
How simple is that?
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 4 oz. can of tomato sauce, heated
- 5 green onions, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp green olive, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- tortilla shells I use romaine lettuce sometimes
- Brown the ground beef in a fry pan and drain
- Serve with topping of your choosing
Taco’s with Pico de Gallo
I’m the only one in my family that actually likes tacos this way. After I brown the ground beef I take out enough for myself. Then I add McCormick Original Taco Mix to the rest of the ground beef (prepared according to package directions). I used to make my own taco seasoning but McCormicks is the best taco seasoning and it is also a Simple & Clean product. It’s a staple in my pantry.
My family also likes Pico de Gallo with their tacos. I make this recipe about 1/2 hour before we eat. It seems to taste better when it sits for a while.
- 1 cup seeded, diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- mix all ingredients together in a small bowl
- let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature
Live Everyday Like It’s Taco Tuesday!
Other Taco Tuesday Ideas
- Turkey Tacos – We probably use ground turkey more often than we use ground beef
- Fish Tacos – I just season with salt, pepper, and a little cayenne pepper then bake or saute in my cast iron skillet
- Steak Tacos
- Chicken Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos
- Pork Tacos
- Side Dishes: Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Mexican Street Corn (Yummy), Chips & Salsa (we use our Pico we just double or triple the recipe), Mexican Coleslaw
direct access my amazon store
Did you know that you support my little business by purchasing through my links?? The price to you is the same but I receive a small commission on ALL the purchases you make when you shop through one of my links. I appreciate you helping Living Large in A Small House to grow!
Happy Taco Tuesday! I hope you enjoy my unique yummy taco recipe.
Some other Simple Weekday Recipes
get access to all my printables
When you join my newsletter
A great way to save this article is to save it to your Pinterest boards. You can find the pin button in the top left corner of the photo below. Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest
These look delicious! I’ll be right over!! 🙂
It’s pretty different than what most people have 🙂
Easy peasy and dinner is done! I like there’s not a lot of cleaning up afterwards too!
So easy! It’s definitely my go-to for busy days/nights.
Yum! I have never heard of this combination before. I will have to try it. Hugs to you.
It’s different. I’m not a fan of taco seasoning so it really works for me.
That sounds delicious Lynn! We used to do Taco Tuesday but somehow I got out of the habit. Pinned this to help me remember!
We got out of the habit to but then when Emma moved back home, she really enjoys it. Makes Tuesday meal planning really simple