Welcome to Saturday Shopping at this Small House
On the third Saturday of each month, I share not only what I’ve been shopping for but also what my blogging friends are enjoying.
My hope is that we inspire you with some of our favorite finds!
On my blog Living Large in A Small House, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. You can find my full Disclosure Policy HERE
These are the Things I’m Loving this Week
If you’re reading this on Saturday, we are making our famous Potato Sausage at our house today! I have a houseful of family and some friends. I promise we are having a great time!
I was busy all week turning my house into a White Christmas. Which is my theme for this year. I’m pretty happy with how it has turned out.
- I love the tree that I got from King of Christmas. It’s the 7′ King Noble Flocked Pre-Lit Christmas Tree. It definitely is giving me the White Christmas Look that is my theme this year.
- The White Snowflakes that I bought years ago are always on my trees.
- You just can’t beat Target’s prices for Twinkle Lights. They are less than $2 for a 100-light string.
- I use Colonial Candle Taper Candles during the holidays. It’s such a steal to buy them by the box
What My Friends Are Loving
Cindy – Reinvented Delaware
- Have you decided what to wear for Thanksgiving dinner? I’m hosting so I like to have something I can quickly throw on before the meal. A green corduroy dress and camel boots are perfect! Or I might pick a beautiful blue sweater and jeans with my favorite slip-on leather shoes! We’ll see what I pick on Thursday! haha!
- I’ve also started thinking about what to wear for Christmas morning. We often have a houseful with our kids, their spouses, and now our grandkids for breakfast. Joyspun pjs from Walmart will be perfect! I’ll be comfy in a gorgeous red velour lounge set or an adorable plaid top and bottom while still feeling ‘dressed.’
- We are getting a small whole turkey and a turkey breast this year. My non-stick roasting pan will hold both perfectly! I’ll be using Pyrex storage containers for the leftovers. An 18-piece set will hold a ton of leftovers. And a 10-piece set will keep individual servings in my freezer. The Pyrex dishes are also great to send leftovers for your guests.
- Confession – I’ve put up some of my Christmas decorations! I haven’t pulled down the Christmas bins from the attic yet, but my bedroom has been fully decorated with just one new item this year! Our King Noble Fir 4-piece set includes a wreath, garland and two small trees. The Red Berry Collection set is gorgeous too! I love that I have the option to use battery power or plug each piece into the wall separately!
Diane – South House Designs
Are you expecting house guests over the holidays?
I love having house guests, even with just a two-bedroom home, we make it work. Starting with the bed. Every guest appreciates a comfy bed, even when you can’t offer a full bedroom.
- Have you seen these beds in a wheeled case? Just unzip the case, plug it in and these beds self-inflate and the frames unfold. Amazing! Add this pillow-top mattress pad cover and your guests will feel spoiled and well-rested. (our guests have all approved!)
- Since no one wants to dig through their bag on the floor, a folding luggage rack is a must. Make sure it’s handsome and sturdy with good reviews, like this one.
- A well-curated nightstand is always appreciated. Start with a simple water carafe and glass set, and a small dish to corral jewelry and such like this one is a thoughtful touch.
- Motion-activated nightlights are also appreciated as well as simple robes, especially if they don’t have an ensuite.
Happy Thanksgiving To All!
Wendy – WM Design House
‘Tis the season for decking the halls with boughs of holly and hustling to complete our shopping lists. I’ve recently completed my decorating spree and am eager to share some of my cherished discoveries with you.
- I put two Nobel Fir Faux trees up in my family room this year and decorated them with a woodland theme full of darling critters from the forest. These trees are my absolute favorite. They look so natural and have over 600 lights on them.
- Next, I added these wood jingle bells; they are amazing! And they come in large and small.
- If you love the natural look for Christmas, you will love all of these great choices to make your holiday extra special.
I hope that you enjoyed shopping with me today!
If you made a purchase, please know that we all appreciate it as it helps in a small way to support our small house businesses.
Peace & Love,
You can find last week’s shopping post HERE
direct access to my amazon store
Did you know that you support my little business by purchasing through my links?? The price to you is the same but I receive a small commission on ALL the purchases you make when you shop through one of my links. I appreciate you helping Living Large in A Small House to grow!