Welcome to Saturday Shopping at this Small House
It’s the third Saturday of the Month (I know! Can you believe it?) and I’m shopping with my friends.
My hope is that we inspire you with some of our favorite finds!
On my blog Living Large in A Small House, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. You can find my full Disclosure Policy HERE
These are the Things I’m Loving this Week
As hard as it is to believe it’s time to start thinking about cleaning up my gardens and greenhouse and getting ready for the winter.
- I plant my garlic cloves in the fall for an early summer harvest. This year I’m also going to add tulip bulbs to my cutting garden. I’m going to pack them in so I have plenty for cutting in the spring. I bought this drill auger a few years ago and what a time-saver it is for planting bulbs.
- I need to get my greenhouse organized after a busy summer as I always set up a Christmas Tree in there. I don’t decorate it but the twinkling lights are so amazing to look at from my kitchen window.
- The leaves are also starting to fall and the sooner that I keep up with it the easier it is to deal with all of the leaves. I have a telescope rake that I love because I can make it small to get in between plants and large to use in open areas.
- I will also be updating all my notes in my gardening journal and then spending cooler nights in front of a fire flipping through my favorite gardening book “The Layered Garden” already dreaming about next year.
What My Friends Are Loving
Cindy – Reinvented Delaware
- Fall is almost here and it’s time to think about decor like faux pumpkins. This harvest-speckled pumpkin and the harvest beige pumpkin are the perfect size and shape in my opinion. Add a couple of throw pillow covers in neutrals, deep blue, and rich green and you will be all set!
- I like to decorate seasonally with items that can be used year-round. Copper pieces are some of my faves, especially for fall. Recently I found a Turkish copper coffee pot similar to this engraved coffee pot but the handle on mine looked more like this small copper coffee pot. I also found the cutest little copper vessel.
- My iRobot Roomba vacuum keeps our house tidy all the time. She is on a schedule and runs every other day! She’s my best friend! I love the season when we all love to burn candles too. My battery-powered taper candles create a cozy feeling during the long nights. Since they have a timer, I never have to turn them off!
- My coffee obsession grows during the fall and winter months! So I want to be sure my teeth don’t show it! Having a battery-powered toothbrush is a game-changer! It has a timer on it so I am sure to thoroughly brush each section of my teeth. I’ve heard good things about the Philips Sonicare and the Oral Be Pro too. BTW, these would make great gifts for anyone on your list! I might even step up the whitening game with these whitening strips!
Diane – South House Designs
- Oh my, what a difference this new Gorilla dual-temp glue gun makes. Walmart has the best price anywhere! And all glue sticks are NOT the same. You definitely want the gorilla glue sticks — so many less stringy pieces! Treat yourself right and add some silicone finger protectors (also great for using with your curling wand).
- This is the set of watercolors I use and LOVE! If I were buying them again, I would spend the extra $2 and get the set of 30 colors. (And Walmart’s everyday price beats Hobby Lobby’s sale price (I’ve got ya!)
- This coffee table is so great. And such a good price!!! It’s the cousin of one from Pottery Barn, but from WalMart at one-sixth the price. YES, 1/6 the price
- Darkness is coming earlier, along with perfect weather! Now is the time for an outdoor theater — for the big night games, for kid’s movies, for the classics, and maybe some Halloween thrillers. This is Good Housekeeping’s highest-rated outdoor, portable projector and I like this screen.
Michele – Vintage Design House
- I am so excited that fall and cooler temps are right around the corner. When there begins to be a chill in the air, I like to switch out my candles and home fragrances to a fall scent. These plug-ins are the most amazing fall scents!
- Just discovered this chair recently and I am in love! The desk in my office needs this.
- Love these brown gingham check pillows for fall!!
- I’ve been traveling so much this year and finally decided I needed a more convenient bag/purse for travel. A friend of mine had this one, so I ordered one for myself. I really never thought I would use a crossbody like this, but I am loving it!
Wendy – WM Design House
I hope you’re savoring the anticipation of the upcoming fall season! It won’t be long before we cozy up and ignite the fireplace for warm, enchanting moments together. I have been spending a lot of time outdoors walking and hiking, which I enjoy before the rain comes.
- I found these fabulous Butterlux workout pants that are exactly like LULU Lemon! They are soft, and I love their pockets on the sides. In addition, they come in a plethora of colors. And they have a matching jacket.
- I have been working on a fun Halloween table and found these darling glass pumpkins with a battery-operated candle inside. They are beautiful and will look fabulous on my table. And the battery-operated wax taper candles that look like the real deal.
- Since it is pumpkin season, one of my favorite indulgences is to have a pumpkin facial. I wrote an entire blog post about it! My aesthetician uses this excellent PCA nutrient toner that smells so good.
Amy Sadler – Amy Sadler Designs
Fall is knocking on the door and I am running to open up! It’s my favorite time season for so many reasons. The autumn colors, the smell of pumpkin spice when I’m holding my morning coffee. So I am ordering a few new fall staples that I like to have new each season.
- I started with this cozy new Dreamy Handwoven Fringe Throw from Pottery Barn in the color Rose! I try to always start Fall with a new throw blanket to wrap up in!
- I am into the khaki and cream harlequin pattern this season and I can’t get enough. I found some fabric and rugs at Hobby Lobby and these throw pillows are perfect for my leather chairs to tie the look together.
- This matching checkered throw blanket is so soft and less than $30!
- This LoLoi rug is exactly what I have been looking for to warm up my living room for fall and winter and it’s even called Wynter. It’s at Walmart for $209.99. That is definitely in my budget!
That should get me started, and I am in the market for a new tumbler if you have one you like, let me know!
I hope that you enjoyed shopping with me today!
If you made a purchase, please know that we all appreciate it as it helps in a small way to support our small house businesses.
Peace & Love,
You can find last week’s shopping post HERE
direct access to my amazon store
Did you know that you support my little business by purchasing through my links?? The price to you is the same but I receive a small commission on ALL the purchases you make when you shop through one of my links. I appreciate you helping Living Large in A Small House to grow!