Are you looking for some simple Patriotic Holiday Decor ideas? If you like me aren’t a fan of red, it makes these red, white, and blue holidays a little hard.
My answer is simple. When you decorate with blue and white, you just have to add a little bit of red here and there and it does the trick. If you don’t want to add red at all, there are options.
On my blog Living Large in A Small House, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. You can find my full Disclosure Policy HERE
Looking for Simple Patriotic Holiday Decor Ideas?
Here are some simple ideas to add a little bit of red that can easily be moved out when the holiday is over.
- Vintage Red Books
- Small American Flags
- Tea Stained Flags – I made a wreath and tea-stained the flag and it toned down the red.
- Add a white tea towel with a simple red stripe to your kitchen for that hint of red color
Vintage or vintage look tends to have a red that isn’t a true red color and I feel like I can work with it.
If you don’t want to add red at all, here are some ideas
- Etsy has some amazing grey wood flags
- Patriotic Sheet Music Framed
- Navy Blue Pillows and Throws
- Stars that are blue and white
- Blue ribbon with white stars or stripes
- Blue & White check tablecloth or fabric
“Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it… it flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it”
Add the Color Red with the Food
If you don’t want to add red to your decor, you can simply add it with the food that you serve for Memorial Day or the 4th of July
You can never go wrong with just hanging a beautiful American Flag outside!